Day 16 - Rigby, Idaho to Laurel, Montana

Shortly after leaving Rigby I was in Montana. Idaho actually had some great scenery, but immediately after crossing the state line into Montana, the scenery was incredible. Snow covered mountains everywhere (in May!) . I stopped in Laurel, Montana, a small town outside Billings. I went into a FOE (Fraternal Order of Eagles) bar, similar to a Legion post or VFW. Cheap drinks, friendly people, that's all I need. Drank with a truck driver named Roper, he used to drive across the country all the time, knew it like the back of his hand. Awesome guy. He gave me a great route to take out of Montana, which you will see in the next day's pictures. Thanks to Roper and Ilka the bartender for making me feel welcome in Montana!


I own this place













Welcome to Montana













Contrary to popular belief, there IS a speed limit in Montana. If I was here between 1995 and 1999 there wouldn't be one, instead the speed limit was posted as "Reasonable and Prudent."
























































































































































85.5 octane?












No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers