Day 18 - Pierre, South Dakota to Winona, Minnesota

The rest of the drive through South Dakota was pretty brutal, not much to see, which explains the lack of pictures. Southern Minnesota wasn't to interesting either, so hardly any pictures there.

Minnesota was next, I've always heard people from this state are very nice. Well the first Minnesotan I met was a State Trooper. Clocked me going 78 in a 70. He was very nice, but he took my license and registration and sat in his car for a good 10 minutes, which is a sure sign of getting a ticket. A ticket for 8 mph over, gimmie a break! Well he walks back to my car with a piece of paper in his hand (another bad sign) but to my surprise, it's just a warning. He sees the out of state plates and asks where I've been, where I'm going etc, not in an interrogating tone but he actually sounded interested. We talk for a few minutes and I'm on my way. So far I'd have to agree Minnesotans are nice.

I ended up on the other side of the state, on the Mississippi river, bordering Wisconsin, in a town called Winona. Beautiful place, I would have taken pictures but it was dark when I got there. I went into a bar, and I saw something I hadn't seen much of on this whole trip: people my age. I talked to a few of them, and quickly found out the reason for the youth was because Winona State University was located in the town. I once again discovered that Minnesotans are friendly, as the local crowd did not take me for a serial killer and welcomed me at the bar. Thanks again to Amy, Angela, and Ramsey for showing me a great time!


Great movie, you betcha! (yes I know Fargo is in North Dakota, but the movie took place in Minnesota)













Welcome to Minnesota












No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers